When it comes to storage spaces, there is no shame in admitting you have a problem. You would not be the first person to become overwhelmed by an ever increasing pile of things that frequently find their home in a garage. However, admitting a problem and admitting defeat are very different things. Here are a few ways to keep your garage and storage space from becoming a place you fear visiting.
If you are looking for a more stylish way to organize your storage space, there are some great options in today’s modern garage — just make sure to get a colour scheme that works with your car(s)! This option takes more of an investment but will pay dividends every time you walk into your immaculate garage.
- Determine the dimensions of your garage and the tools and equipment you will need to store.
- Mix and match interchangeable storage cabinets until you have what you need.
- Leave something important in a cabinet so you have an excuse to bring your friends to see your masterpiece!
The first option you have when managing your storage space is to have an open concept system of storage hooks and organized bins on shelves. This is best for those who have lots of gardening tools or sports equipment that they want to have frequent and easy access to. This is the most basic way to keep a clean garage with all of your common tools on hand.
- Assess your clutter to determine what you have to store.
- Set up wall racks for easy access to the most frequently used gardening tools and sports equipment.
- Organize less frequently used items into categories and store in bins on shelves.
- Find something to do with all the extra space!