Make your workout count! Working out alone is not enough. If you want to see results you must combine your workout with the proper diet and nutrients.
After a serious workout, your body is pretty much running on empty. Your body keeps moving, repairing, and replenishing long after you’ve left the gym. You must follow up your workout with the right nutrients to get the best results! Unless properly fueled after a workout, your body will start to breakdown muscle proteins to begin refueling itself.
Reward yourself after a long hard workout with this refreshing Gold Medal Smoothie recipe from our friends at Vitamix! Full of protein to help rebuild muscles and a mix of carbs to get your energy back!
It’s not only what you eat, it’s when you eat!
Gold Medal Smoothie
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup (30 g) diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup (40 g) orange segments
- 1/4 lemon, peeled, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or other sweetener, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (78 g) fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- 1 scoop (34 g) protein powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of : www.vitamix.com